BIR Base Gravy
This is the same base gravy we use in our commercial kitchen. Base gravy is essential if you want to replicate British Indian Restaurant recipes at home.
Our new base gravy pouches will last a month without having to be frozen or chilled with no preservatives or additives, just plain and simple fresh ingredients hand cooked by our expert Indian chefs.
- No mess, no fuss, just great quality base gravy without having to spend hours in the kitchen
- Get back your fridge and freezer space, the pouches can be stored at room temperature for a month
- Also suitable for home freezing, which extends shelf life to 6 months - stock up with our bulk packs
- Approved by Richard Sayce of Misty Ricardo’s Curry Kitchen, The Curry Kid and Al's Kitchen. Compatible with all their recipes.
Our base gravy comes undiluted and should be diluted with 1 part gravy to 1 part water and heated before using in your curry recipe.
Each 400g pouch makes approx 2 curries
£2.99 – £26.99
Frequently Bought Together
Onions, Water, Vegetable Oil, Plum Tomato, Garlic, Ginger, Salt, Tomato Paste, Coriander, Turmeric, Cumin, Chilli Powder, Paprika, Garam Masala, Fennel, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Cardamom, Mace
For allergens see ingredients in bold.
Prepared in a kitchen that handles nuts, sesame and mustard.Nutritional info
All appliances vary. These are guidelines only. Check food is piping hot before serving.
- Mix 1 part gravy with 1 part water into a suitable pan
- Heat on a medium heat for 5-10 mins stirring occasionally until boiling and piping hot throughout and consistency is similar to milk.
- Add base gravy as per your BIR curry recipe. For best results use gravy while it is hot.
For curry recipe ideas using the base gravy take a look at our recipes section